Kerrin was appointed Assistant Chief Constable in July 2018 Lincolnshire (Police) Special Operations Unit.
Kerrin has 27 years of service with four North East Forces starting with Northumbria Police in 1992 and the bulk of her service with Cleveland Constabulary before moving to North Yorkshire Police on promotion to Chief Inspector and then joining Durham Constabulary in 2013 as a Superintendent.
Kerrin has a background in a variety of disciplines at all levels of her career from operational uniform, CID and specialist roles. This has included Head of Tasking & Co-ordinating Command (Media, Resourcing, Intelligence, Research & Analysis, Control Rooms); Safeguarding; Volume Crime; Diversity Unit; Local Area Command; Neighbourhood Policing and serving on secondment to the Foreign & Commonwealth Office as the Director for Training the Iraqi Police based in Baghdad.
Kerrin has also undertaken regional and national responsibilities in the hostage negotiating world and has been deployed internationally in this capacity both on operational deployments and reviewing New South Wales Police effectiveness in a terrorist siege.
She is a keen advocate of the equality agenda, in particular supporting BAME & Women’s aspirations both within the police service and wider afield.
Since becoming a Chief Officer, Kerrin has taken on a number of national and regional roles:
- National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC) Lead for Professionalising the Investigative Process (Standards, Accreditation, Learning and Development);
- NPCC Lead for Progression and Leadership under the Race Religion and Belief portfolio;
- Police Steering Committee member at for Cumberland Lodge
- Board Member for JUST Lincolnshire, a single equality organisation which aims to make a difference to the lives of people from all backgrounds by championing equality, tackling discrimination and celebrating the richly diverse makeup of the County.
- Member of the Institute of Directors (East Midlands Region), an influential organisation representing local concerns to Government, and providing professional business support.
Kerrin is married with no children and a million god-children. She loves life, adventure, travel, music and socialising.
Follow Kerrin on Twitter at @KerrinWilson999