Person specification requirements
- Use of a range of hand tools (including powered tools)
- Painting and decorating experience (must have the ability to work up ladders)
- Comfortable working at heights
- Work with minimum supervision and use their own initiative
- Observe H&S working practices in carrying out the required tasks and duties of the job
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Some basic IT/AV knowledge is desirable
- A full driving licence is essential for this role
The successful candidate must be willing to work flexibly, as our teams work varied shift patterns to support events at the Lodge, and must have access to a vehicle, as Cumberland Lodge is located in Windsor Great Park without easy access to public transport.
Salary: Between £30,000 and £32,000
Rota: 37.5 hours per week (part-time hours will be considered)
Pension: Standard Life contributory pension (currently 7% contributions to support 5% personal contributions, with the option to increase personal contributions over and above 5%).
Additional benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time employees), annualised hours, meals on duty, uniform, and training provided. Death in service benefit 4 x salary after a probation period. This policy includes employee support benefits, including access to a virtual GP service and mental health support.
Reports to: Buildings Manager
Works closely with: Duty Manager, Audio visual and ICT Technician, Dining Room Supervisor, Housekeeper, Front of House Manager.
This job description is designed to help you understand the role and is not intended to be a definitive list of duties, as we require all our employees to demonstrate flexibility in meeting our organisational and delegate needs.
- Decorating and refurbishment projects
- Assist with deliveries and day to day movement of dining room furniture.
- To assist with the setting up and servicing of meeting rooms.
- To prioritise and clear the daily list of building faults and breakdowns in discussion with the Buildings Manager.
- To carry out scheduled weekly and monthly maintenance or safety checks.
- To assist with IT and other technical conference services and deputise for colleagues in the Buildings department when necessary.
How to apply
We seek to embody our vision of more peaceful, open and inclusive societies as an employer, and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
If you have the skills and experience to meet the criteria in the Person Specification above, and to carry out all the responsibilities outlined in the Job Description, we look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for the role of Decorator and Maintenance Person, please send a CV and a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply and how you meet the criteria, to: Melissa Galvan, HR Officer at: email@example.com. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.