Cumberland Lodge seeks to appoint a Dining and Bar Assistant to join our friendly team of about 50 employees, who is available to work on a full-time basis.
At Cumberland Lodge we hold a variety of events and conferences, and the hospitality staff are integral to creating an excellent customer experience.
The Dining and Bar Assistant will also act as shift lead and therefore applicants must be confident to interact and delegate a small team of casual staff.
Objective: Dining Staff are responsible for the preparation of the dining room, the service of meals, bar service and the washing up and cleaning in the pantry.
Reporting to: Dining Room Supervisor and Hospitality Director
Functional Relationship with: All kitchen and dining room staff, Front of House team
- To report on duty in good time, clean and tidy and wearing the correct uniform.
- To help wait on tables and to pour wine when required.
- To help lay up for the following meal when required
- To prepare the dining room for the following meal, vacuum carpets, polish furniture, wash the wooden flooring, and clean paintwork and pictures.
- To help wash up the crockery and glasses, making sure that everything is polished.
- To help prepare trolleys for following meals, e.g. breakfast.
- To make sure that the Pantry is clean and tidy and floor is washed after each service.
- To be polite and helpful to guests and fellow work colleagues.
- To report any problems to Dining Room Supervisor or to Hospitality Director.
- To portray a professional image at all times, dealing with visitors requirements in a warm and welcoming and efficient manner.
- To prepare the bar and bar area ready for service and keep the bar replenished
- To open wine that is required for reception/dinner
- To ensure correct charges are made and payment received and that groups are billed correctly
- To be fully aware of the content, preparation and presentation of all wine lists and bar items
- To adhere to cleaning schedules
- To operate in accordance with Cumberland Lodge’s health and safety procedures and policies at all times.
- To carry out any other reasonable requests as directed by the Dining Room Supervisor or Senior Management.
This job description is designed to help you understand the role and is not intended to be a definitive list of duties, as we require all our employees to demonstrate flexibility in meeting our organisational and delegate needs.
Person specification requirements
- Previous experience is advantageous, however, full training will be provided
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and hardworking individual with a can- do attitude
- Available to work flexibly as we operate 5 days in 7 contract
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old to meet a minimum age requirement to serve alcohol in an eating establishment
- Applicants will be expected to lead a shift so must be competent and communicate well.
The successful candidate must be willing to work flexibly, given the nature of some of the events this role will support, and have access to a vehicle, as Cumberland Lodge is located remotely in Windsor Great Park without easy access by public transport.
Rota: There is no set shift pattern as flexibility is important to work around business requirements. The weekly rota confirmed 5 days in advance – this will include one weekend shift (Friday and Saturday and occasional Sunday evenings) on a four weekly basis.
Shifts: 7am to 3pm* or 2pm to 10pm*
* approximate finish times
Pension: Standard Life contributory pension (currently 5% contributions to support 5% personal contributions, with the option to increase personal contributions over and above 5%).
Additional benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, annualised hours, meals on duty, uniform and training provided. Death in service benefit 4 x salary after a probation period. This policy includes employee support benefits, likely to include access to a virtual GP service and mental health support.
How to apply
We seek to embody our vision of more peaceful, open and inclusive societies as an employer, and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
If you have the skills and experience to meet the criteria in the Person Specification above, and to carry out all the responsibilities outlined in the Job Description, we look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for the role of Dining and Bar Assistant, please send a CV and a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply and how you meet the criteria, to: Melissa Galvan, HR Officer at: email@example.com. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Interviews and a trial session will be scheduled on a rolling basis so early applications are advised.