Cumberland Lodge are seeking to recruit a reliable Housekeeping Assistant per to join our close-knit team of about 50 employees who are available to work on a part-time basis.
Objective: Housekeepers are responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of all public areas and bedrooms.
Reporting to: Housekeeping Supervisor and Hospitality Director
Functional Relationship with: Maintenance team, Front of House team
- Clean and tidy guest bedrooms and public areas and replenish toiletries and refreshments.
- Strip and make beds, vacuum, dust and polish.
- Clean bathrooms in bedrooms and public areas.
- To report any maintenance requirements you may discover during your working day.
- To assist with the laundry
- To operate in accordance with Cumberland Lodge’s health and safety procedures and policies at all times.
- To carry out any other reasonable requests as directed by the Housekeeping Supervisor or Senior Management.
This job description is designed to help you understand the role and is not intended to be a definitive list of duties, as we require all our employees to demonstrate flexibility in meeting our organisational and delegate needs.
Person specification requirements
- Similar experience is advantageous, however, full training will be provided
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and hardworking individual with a can- do attitude
- Ability to establish good working relationships
- High standards and attention to detail - ability to maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in work undertaken
- Able to perform the physical tasks of a housekeeper - to reach, squat, bend and engage in repetitive and frequent body movements.
- Available to work flexibly as we operate as 5 in 7 days contract.
The successful candidate must have access to a vehicle, as Cumberland Lodge is located remotely in Windsor Great Park without easy access by public transport.
Shifts: 9.15am to 1pm Monday to Friday
Flexibility is essential around business requirements as contract hours may sometimes include weekday afternoon and/or weekend morning shift
Annual Leave: 33 days including Bank Holidays which will be pro-rata. The Charity is closed for one week in August and over the Christmas period which will be deducted from the leave allocation.
Pension: Standard Life contributory pension (currently 5% contributions to support 5% personal contributions, with the option to increase personal contributions over and above 5%)
Additional benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, annualised hours, meals on duty, uniform and training provided. PPE is available. Death in service benefit 4 x salary after a probation period. This policy includes employee support benefits, likely to include access to a virtual GP service and mental health support.
How to apply
We seek to embody our vision of more peaceful, open and inclusive societies as an employer, and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
If you have the skills and experience to meet the criteria in the Person Specification above, and to carry out all the responsibilities outlined in the Job Description, we look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for the role of Housekeeping Assistant, please send a CV and a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply and how you meet the criteria, to: Melissa Galvan, HR Officer at: email@example.com.
Interviews and a trial session will be scheduled on a rolling basis so early applications are advised.