We are on the lookout for a talented Senior Chef de Partie, to join our friendly team of chefs and chef's apprentice.
You will be assisting our long-standing Head Chef with the preparation of meals for groups of up to 100 guests, and with maintaining kitchen cleanliness and hygiene to the highest standard.
The successful candidate will join a close-knit team of about 50 employees at Cumberland Lodge, the educational charity based in a 17th-century former royal residence in the heart of Windsor Great Park.
Our dedicated team of five chefs and one apprentice provide breakfast, lunch and dinner for diverse visiting groups of all sizes, as well as meals for fellow staff.
The Senior Chef de Partie reports to our Head Chef, with some responsibility for supervising junior kitchen staff.
Founded over 70 years ago, Cumberland Lodge is a charity that empowers people, through dialogue and debate, to promote social progress towards more peaceful, open and inclusive societies. We run an annual series of conferences, seminars, debates, workshops and retreats that address the root causes and effects of social divisions, as well as a thriving educational programme for school children through to PhD students and early career researchers.
Our charitable work is supported by income from hiring out our stunning facilities for residential and non-residential conferences, meetings, training courses, and special events such as weddings.
As a venue, Cumberland Lodge is widely noted for its relaxed atmosphere, excellent food, impressive facilities and exceptional quality of service. Every year we welcome thousands of guests from a wide range of organisations and from right across the UK and around the world.
Please note that Cumberland Lodge is remotely located in beautiful parkland and is not accessible by public transport, so access to a vehicle is required.
The successful candidate will be a strong team player and an excellent cook, with previous experience in a similar role. She or he will be hard-working, with good all-round kitchen skills.
The role holder will have the ability to supervise and share knowledge and skills with junior kitchen staff, be willing to be customer-facing and to serve visiting groups in our historic dining rooms, and demonstrate the flexibility to work varied shift patterns.
- To ensure the smooth running of the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- To assist in the preparation and presentation of all meals at the required times and to the required standard
- To assist with menu planning, orders, checking and storing deliveries and rotas as directed by the Head Chef
- To assist the Head Chef to minimise food loss and wastage
- To ensure compliance of all cleaning schedules required for the kitchen
- To assist with the training and development of the kitchen staff
- To record daily costings of menu items when required
- To ensure the security of the stores during working hours and that they securely locked at the end of the shift
- To ensure that statutory regulations including Food Safety and COSHH are adhered to in the absence of management
- To prepare and assist at special functions which may sometimes be outside normal working hours
- To report and where possible take action on customer and client complaints or compliments
- To report and where possible take action for any incidents of accident, fire, loss, theft, damage, unfit food or other irregularities
- To attend meetings and training courses as may be necessary from time to time.
This job description is designed to help you understand the role and is not intended to be a definitive list of duties, as we require all our employees to demonstrate flexibility in meeting our organisational and delegate needs.
- Full-time, permanent post
- Optional contributory pension
- Death-in-service benefit
- Meals on duty
- 25 days annual leave per calendar year plus eight bank/public holidays (or alternative days off in lieu, if it is necessary to work on a public holiday)
- Excellent working conditions, in stunning surroundings
How to apply
Please send a covering letter and CV, outlining why you wish to apply and how you meet the criteria above, to: Robert Szewczyk, Head Chef: email@example.com.
For further information about the role, please call Robert on 01784 497793.