The newly equipped green-screen (Chromakey) studio facilities at Cumberland Lodge are available to hire, with or without our conferencing and meeting room facilities, for interview and video production, hybrid event support and more.
The trend towards more remote and hybrid events is irreversible. Tucked away in the heart of Windsor Great Park, on the Berkshire/Surrey border, we offer easily accessible and highly affordable studio facilities, with professional filming equipment and friendly studio technician support.
Let our professional green-screen solution take you beyond tablet or single-camera rigs and static backgrounds. We can host your live or pre-recorded presenter-led sessions, conversations with guests, remote teaching or training sessions, video interviews, webinars, product launches, internal communications addresses, or virtual services and religious ceremonies.
With fibre-speed internet connections and Tricaster video-mixing technology, we can bring in guest speakers or contributors from around the world and distribute a polished event feed to your audience via your favourite streaming service, in HD quality.
Our studio suite is currently open, with good availability. To enquire about booking this facility, please contact our Meetings & Events team initially, on 01784 220521 or email email@example.com with an outline of your requirements.
The Cumberland Lodge live-streaming studio is located at Cumberland Lodge, Windsor Great Park SL4 2HP, within easy reach of the M25, M4, M3 and M40 motorways and convenient for London Heathrow, with fast road and rail connections to central London and across the UK. The nearest stations are Egham, Windsor & Eton Central and Windsor & Eton Riverside, with frequent 20-minute services into London.
Key features include:
- Small green-screen (Chromakey) studio, fully lit and ready for action - ideal for filming up to three people seated side-by-side (up to two with social distancing)
- Virtual studio backdrops created or supplied if required, along with filming and editing of pre-production inserts and advice on suitable graphics
- Full access to our studio control room with Tricaster video-mixing and audio controls for filming and editing, and communications through to the adjoining studio
- Complimentary WiFi and high-speed fibre-optic broadband
- Four studio-spec cameras (tripod mounted) available to hire with a choice of wired or radio microphones
- Technical support from our studio technician throughout your booking
- Additional seminar space and/or sitting room available for crew/talent to use as a green room, to relax or prepare (subject to availability; additional charge applies)
- Conference rooms, office space and outdoor shooting and interview locations available if required (additional charge applies)
- Ample free parking just outside
Studio with a difference
Unlike most studios, ours is surrounded by hundreds of acres of fresh air and countryside, in the grounds of a magnificent former royal residence. Enjoy the open space and room to think, with a stroll around our Grade I listed grounds, or make the most of our parkland surroundings during your work-breaks.
Our studio suite is Covid-secure, with private access, natural ventilation and complimentary cleaning and hygiene products provided. The facilities will be unoccupied for at least 24 hours, pre- and post-booking, and carefully cleaned between bookings. Face masks are required by everyone on site, apart from when presenting in the studio.
Our guests have access to toilets on site and a green-room meeting space (subject to availability). Please enquire about any catering requirements or booking our conferencing and meeting facilities to support your event.
The following facilities are available to hire:
- Fully lit 8m2 Chromakey studio, with green-screen surround, audio-enhanced walls and lighting rig
- Four Panasonic HE40 PTZ rotating cameras on shelves/tripods (SDI and NDI connections both possible)
- Three tie-clip mics (cabled or radio)
- Available set-ups: single presenter or host; presenter + guest; or presenter + 2 x guests (chairs provided, if required)
- Web-based digital clock display
- Basic mirrored auto-cue/teleprompter for script reading
- Wall-mounted monitor screen
- Wall-mounted heater or fan, if required
- Large window for natural light and ventilation, with blackout roller blind
- Two-way communication with next-door Control Room
- Newtek Tricaster Mini with 4 channels and SDI inputs
- Video inputs: 8 x NDI streams
- Audio output: 1 x 1/4" Stereo Headphone Jack 2 x 1/4" Balanced Line
- Gigabit Ethernet: 2x RJ45 USB 3.0, 1 x USB Type-A
- Media: 2 x DDR Player, 2 x GFX Player, 1 x Sound Player, 15 x Media Buffers, 5 x Animation Buffers, 10 x Graphic Buffers
- Channels into 4 sub into 2 out
- External analogue audio desk with 24 channels into 4 sub, into 2 out
- 100MB internet connections for simultaneous inbound contributors via Zoom/Skype etc
- Outbound streaming to all major platforms and CDNs
- Additional Windows PC as source for PowerPoint or Zoom content as part of your event
- Local VT recording, including ISO’s on each camera if required
Our studio hire rates are affordable and every booking helps to support our charitable work. All prices below are subject to added VAT.
- £390 per day (£230 per half-day) + VAT for studio hire on weekdays, 8.30am-5.30pm. Includes: hire of green-screen studio with lighting rig and use of control room with Tricaster and audio controls; studio technician support; free parking on site; access to toilets
- £20 per hour + VAT for additional studio technician support after the first full day of support
- £150 per day (£75 per half-day) + VAT to hire our camera equipment, autocue and microphones
- £150 per day (£75 per half-day) + VAT for basic pre- or post-event production and editing (using Premiere Creative Cloud, including PhotoShop and Premiere Pro).
- Green room available for an additional charge (usually offered in one of our meeting rooms or the sitting room in Groom's House, next to The Mews where the studio is situated).
Out-of-hours hire is also available on weekday evenings from 6.00pm-9.00pm, or during the day at weekends, with technician support provided, for £135 per session + VAT for a minimum two-hour hire and £67.50 per hour + VAT thereafter.
To enquire about booking, please contact our Meetings & Events team on 01784 220521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief outline of your requirements.
The Mews at Cumberland Lodge, which houses our green-screen studio and control room
Media training and presentation
For professional coaching in presentation skills or production techniques, either remotely or on site in our studio suite, we work closely with international radio and TV broadcaster Martin Stanford. Martin offers an approachable, one-to-one consultancy service, helping clients to optimise their broadcast communications and hone their presentation style.
Martin has worked in the media for more than 40 years. He trained at the BBC and was a Sky News anchorman for 25 years. He is based close to Windsor and can currently be heard presenting LBC News on weekdays.
Please see thecommsdoctor.com to find out more, or enquire as part of your booking.
Take a quick tour of the studio and control room, to get a feel for the space and facilities.