The Commonwealth and International Student Christmas is Cumberland Lodge’s longest-standing tradition.
The first gathering of international students was in 1947, just a few weeks after King George VI handed over the Lodge to the charity. Students from other countries that are currently in Britain are welcome to join us for a chance to experience a typical British Christmas and to meet others who are studying away from home.
- A screening of "Queens of Syria", a documentary that follows the journey of Syrian refugee women to stage a new version of Euripides' tragedy The Trojan Women in the Jordanian capital Amman. This will be followed by a discussion with the producer of the film, Georgina Paget.
- Nigerian author Chibundu Onuzo reads a selection of her work and talks about her experiences as a student in London and being the youngest female to sign to publishing giant Faber & Faber.
- A Christmas Carol Service in the Royal Chapel
- A Winter Trail through Windsor Great Park
- A traditional Christmas dinner - a visit from Father Christmas is almost guaranteed!