Join us for the first of three residential, weekend retreats in 2019, for all 50 participants in our Emerging International Leaders Programme for 2019.
We will be exploring the importance of Freedom of Religion or Belief, at Cumberland Lodge in Windsor Great Park.
The programme will include lectures, workshops, and group work based on case studies. In the course of these, we will be learning about:
The importance of human rights
Violations of Freedom of Religion or Belief
Why Freedom of Religion of Belief matters.
Equipping future leaders
Now in its fourth year, our prestigious Emerging International Leaders Programme is designed to equip future leaders and opinion formers with the skills and insight necessary to drive debate, influence policy and build a powerful global network in support of the right to freedom of religion or belief.
The 2019 programme, as a whole, will be addressing:
- Why is freedom of religion or belief important?
- How does freedom of religion or belief intersect with other freedoms?
- What are the successes/failings of existing national and international policies on freedom of religion or belief?
- How can existing human rights frameworks be supplemented, supported and implemented?
It will involve multi-disciplinary discussions with academics, advocates, policy-makers and activists, and an analysis of practical responses to violations of freedom of religion or belief around the world.
Together with your fellow participants from universities across the UK, you will be exploring topics such as:
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The role and position of religion in the public square
- Religious literacy and inter-faith dialogue
- The importance of Freedom of Religion or Belief in the contemporary, global context.