We are welcoming in the New Year with the ninth annual Shakespeare reading retreat. This year, we explore The Merry Wives of Windsor, from Tuesday 2 – Friday 5 January 2024.
This event follows on from successful retreats including Antony and Cleopatra in 2023 and A Midsummer Night’s Dream in 2018.
This year we will be welcoming a distinguished group of retreat leaders and contributors, including:
- Reverend Dr Paul Edmondson – Head of Research and Knowledge, Shakespeare Birthplace Trust
- Tim FitzHigham – Perrier nominated, multi-award winning comedian, explorer, presenter, and author
- Dr Amanda Piesse – Lecturer in English Literature and Children’s Literature, Trinity College Dublin
- Dr Simon Smith – Associate Professor of Shakespeare and Early Modern Drama, The Shakespeare Institute, University of Birmingham
- Professor Sir Stanley Wells CBE FRSL – Former Life Trustee (1975-2017) and former Chairman of the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust (1991-2011); Emeritus Professor of Shakespeare Studies of the University of Birmingham; Honorary Emeritus Governor of the Royal Shakespeare Company (tbc)
- Dr Rowan Williams PC FBA FRSL FLSW – Former Archbishop of Canterbury (2002 to 2012)
Participants will be exploring the spiritual, psychological, literary and dramatic aspects of the play, and learning about the role of music in Shakespearean productions, past and present, whilst enjoying the hospitality of a three-night stay at the Lodge.
The programme includes a series of reflections from our retreat leaders, film screenings, breakout study groups, evening readings, a guided walk-through Windsor Great Park and panel discussions.
For details of our student rate please contact Mary-Kate Wolseley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation charges will be calculated in accordance with the total cost and are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate, where applicable, as follows:
- More than 26 weeks before the Event Date – 10% of the total cost
- From 181 to 84 days before the Event Date – 25% of the total cost
- From 83 to 28 days before the Event Date – 50% of the total cost
- From 27 to 10 days before the Event Date – 75% of the total cost
- From 9 to 1 days before the Event Date – 90% of the total cost