Resource type: Video
The launch of Climate Futures: Youth Perspectives report was streamed live from Cumberland Lodge on 16 September, at 6.15pm. The event was a part of the official All4Climate Italy 2021 Programme, which contributed directly to the COP26 climate summit.
The Climate Futures report launch opened with a video statement, featuring some of the young people who participated in the project. You can watch the video statement here.
Our guest panellists then introduced the report and it’s practical recommendations for change. They then answered questions from the audience, both in the room and virtual.
Our guest panellists were:
- Serena Bashal – Pre-COP26 Youth Delegate (UK representative) and member of the UK Youth Climate Coalition (UKYCC)
- William Finnegan – Freelance Research Associate for Cumberland Lodge and author of this report; Doctoral student at the University of Oxford
- Elizabeth Kitchenside – Sixth-form student and contributor to the report, and an intern at the Salvation Army
- Harriet Lamb CBE – Chief Executive of Ashden
- Azzees Minott – Chair of Greens of Colour (The Green Party)
Climate Futures: Youth Perspectives presents the key themes and recommendations from our research and intergenerational, cross-sector dialogue on climate futures, in 2021. It draws on the views and expectations of young people from a broad spectrum of schools, universities, organisations and backgrounds, both locally and internationally.
The report’s author is our freelance Research Associate, William Finnegan, a doctoral student at the University of Oxford’s Environmental Change Institute and an award-winning environmental filmmaker and educator.